The Secret Ingredient That Will Grow Your Consulting Business Revenue and Help You Get New Clients
Starting and growing a consulting business can be tough. You are trying to juggle many hats: marketing, accounting, sales, strategic planning and more, and there just aren’t enough hours in a day.
Many consultants find they are not making the time for the task that needs the most attention: growing your client base. Their consultant business growth slows, and they feel stuck. They need to expand, but if they focus on finding new customers the nuts and bolts operations of their businesses will suffer.
It’s time to grow your business! Read on to learn the secret ingredient that will enable you to turn your focus to business growth and recruiting new clients.
Are You Ready for an Online Business Manager?
Online Business Manager (OBM) is a relatively new term that has surfaced in the last 8 years. In a nutshell, an Online Business Manager frees up your time to focus on growing your business by handling tasks such as:
- Managing and training your team
Whether you need employee development or training, your OBM can design and facilitate a program and get the job done.
- Project management
Business growth can mean losing track of which clients need what. An OBM can set up a project management system and that keeps you focused on client needs in a timely manner.
- Fielding questions from employees and/or customers
Your time is too valuable to be constantly interrupted by phone calls. An OBM can field calls, resolve many of them, and pass important calls on to you.
- Running the business finances
An OBM can keep your business finances current and set up an efficient system to handle them.
- Operations management
Let your OBM handle daily operations so you can focus on growth and customer relations.
- Executing day-to-day tasks
Do you ever end a day knowing you’ve been busy but not feeling like you accomplished anything on your list? Let your OBM handle the little stuff.
- Working with you to write and execute a strategic plan for your business
If you haven’t written a business plan with a sales and marketing strategy, a good OBM can sit down and help you define where you want your business to go and how to get there.
They become your right-hand person that keeps your business running and thriving. Think for a minute: can you even imagine the amount of your time this would free up to grow your consulting business?
It’s tempting, isn’t it?
If you’re interest is piqued, read on to learn the signs of a business that needs an Online Business Manager.
Signs You Need an Online Business Manager
Read the list below. Each of these is a sign that your business growth has surpassed a level that you alone can keep up with.
If you identify with any of these situations, your business could benefit from hiring an Online Business Manager.
- Your business started to grow, then it really exploded and you don’t know where to start or what to do to keep up with it all.
- Your business finances are not up to date
- You feel overwhelmed on a daily basis
- You aren’t following up on every business lead
- You sometimes take too long to follow up on business leads
- You don’t have time to write a business growth plan
- You spend a good chunk of time of each day dealing with employee issues and training
- You spend a large chunk of time each day coordinating your employee efforts
- You’re working long hours just trying to keep current projects on task
- You don’t enjoy the part of your business that you end up having to do each day, and you miss certain business tasks that you don’t have time to do anymore.
It’s time to Grow Your Consulting Business
Hiring an Online Business Manager adds a new level of organization and efficiency to your consulting business. They are able to step back from the business, look at the big picture, and recommend tools they could implement to create a better work flow.
Robin Kramer is an Online Business Manager that has been working with small businesses for 23 years. Her varied experience enables her to step in and help get your business functions streamlined, setting you up to achieve the business growth and profitability you’ve dreamed of.
To learn more about Robin’s skills and how she could help your business, contact her here for a free consultation today.
Next Month’s Article Preview: Now that you’ve hired an Online Business Manager, are you wondering what the best strategies are to grow your business? Stay tuned for my next article on surefire ways to grow your consulting business!